Our organic cattle are allowed free range on fertile pastures rich with naturally growing legumes and grasses. They are raised using a strict quality assurance program without antibiotics, synthetic hormones, chemical fertilizer, or GMOs, and are strictly monitored by a third party.
Buying organic meat means the consumer can be certain the meat was raised and processed according to strict organic production and handling standards and certified by a USDA-accredited certifying agent.
Among the 100% Organic USDA Label Standards are the following:
- All ingredients must be 100% organically produced
- 100% organic feed is required
- No growth hormones are allowed
- No genetically modified feeds are allowed
- No animal by-products of any form allowed in feed
- No antibiotics are allowed
- Restrictions on pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers
- No genetic engineering methods, ionizing radiation or sewage sludge for fertilization
- No synthetic chemicals, artificial preservatives or harmful additives such as sodium nitrite allowed in processing
- Annual inspection of producers and processors required for maintaining certification
- Third party assessment required
These standards ensure that when you buy organic meat from Black Earth Meats, you can be confident in knowing exactly what you are buying and where it came from. At Black Earth Meats, we know where our cattle have been from birth to delivery of your order. In fact, not only do we know who raises our cattle, you can too.
For more information on USDA National Organic Standards visit http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/nop
Following a review on January 12, 2012, Black Earth Meat Market, LLC., is recommended by AWA for the slaughter of hogs from AWA farms.